Sunday, December 14, 2008

I can't believe it.

I just got off the phone with my mom.  We were talking about holiday plans (I will always celebrate Christmas with my family and exchange gifts with my friends).

She actually asked me if the Temple will be doing a Christmas service.  Of course they wouldn't. The cool part was that she asked if there would be any holiday services, which gave me a chance to explain Chanukah a little bit. She kind of gets it.

But I still can't believe that she'd wonder whether Jews would have a Christmas service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one who's mom doesn't completely get it...My mom asked me whether my 100% Jewish boyfriend's family celebrated Christmas, and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or what. This is also coming from the woman that thinks that they speak "Jewish" at synagogues...